This post is in the context of Saturn having moved to Sagittarius on January 26 around 1801 hrs IST and hence this article;
The basic or fundamental nature and characteristics of the planet, the Zodiac sign where it is posited before moving to the next sign and what it means to each individual in terms of his/her natal chart. Briefing it up from a traditional perspective – the Rasi Tatwa, the Graha Tatwa and the Bhava Tatwa.
First and foremost, which I would like to bring out is that the 10th and 11th lord of the Zodiac viz., Saturn is transiting in the 9th sign of the Zodiac viz., Sagittarius aspecting the 11th sign (its own sign) with the 3rd aspect. The primary inference is that it amounts to the loss of effects of 10th sign, by and large from a very generic perspective. Saturn basically depicts democracy and 10th sign goes hand-in-hand with this.
Further, Saturn during its sojourn in the asterism of Moola (from the root), it is very likely that many points involving democracy might show up to result in wrong doings in governance, no matter where on earth, is very likely to get exposed. Saturn also depicting ‘Dharma’ and transiting in the sign owned by Jupiter, the lord of justice implies and thus we can expect Dharma to prevail in a judicious manner. However, since Astrology is a subject involving the other planets as well, I think it is prudent to avoid taking a very narrow band view of the effects and avoid drawing conclusions in a hasty manner. I must add here that Rahu transiting in Leo until August 18, 2017 trains Saturn. Leo indicates power. Yet another important factor is that Saturn is now aspecting Jupiter (retrograde until June 9, 2017) acts as a catalyst for my take on the subject.
I am also compelled to bring out the glaring ‘dis-harmony’ in aspects of Saturn. To be bit more clear, my take and consideration is like this;
- The 10th and 11th lord of the Zodiac transiting in the 9th sign and aspecting the 11th sign, the 3rd sign and the 6th sign is one set of issues.
- The 9th and 12th (retiring last sign) transiting in the 6th sign and aspecting with the 5th aspect (the past issues) the 10th sign, aspecting its own 12th sign (retiring) and aspecting the 3rd sign with the 9th aspect is another set of points. It is worth adding here that Taurus, the 2nd sign and its lord Venus also owning the 7th sign is of great importance in my opinion since the 7th sign is a generic sign meaning the opponents and in case of democracy, the people being ruled by the Government.
- Yet another thought is when Saturn gets retrograde and moves back to Scorpio on June 21, 2017 is surely Astrologically and interesting point to give very good credence to my thought process.
Therefore, the summary of my paragraph above is that between January 26, 2017 and August 18, 2017 when Rahu moves to Cancer and depending upon the position of Mars, there is a strong possibility of considerable changes in democratic set up across the globe. This shall not convey that all Governments will be under turbulence.
It is worth adding in the above context that Rahu rolling over Sun, Moon, Saturn, Mercury and Venus in the Indian Independence Chart will have a great impact on the Government. Rahu is in the Ascendant and thus it is an absolute representative of Venus.
In a nut shell, the last general election held in 2014 may become yet more unstable, further, of course, only if a section of the readers subscribe to ‘instability’ theory.
To meet the expectations of our esteemed reader who are not familiar with Astrology, I have the following points for your consideration;
- Please stop worrying about Saturn moving to Sagittarius from the point of view of the ‘dreaded Sade Sathi’ as picturized by the Astrologers.
- The concept of Moon sign as commonly interpreted by the Astrological community in general cannot hold waters while it is just the ASCENDANT which matters, always. In one Moon Sign there will be several hundred babies born in any given locality/spot. I will touch up on this point from a scientific base, soon.
- One has to look at the position of Saturn in their natal chart and correlate it with the position of transit Saturn. This might make maximum impact and of course, depending upon several other factors and most importantly the Dasa, Bhukti and Antra. Nevertheless, the asterism of Saturn in the natal chart impacts the maximum. Just merely interpreting the position of Saturn from the Moon sign may be totally misleading and inducing fear psychosis.
- Astrology is a tool for getting over ‘General Anxiety Disorder’ and not to entertain more worries.
- Though every planet including Saturn has its unique and intrinsic qualities, these qualities and portfolio gets modulated depending upon what each planet stands for in terms of portfolio (asterism based) for every person is totally different.
- No analysis of birth chart is complete without considering the Navamsa chart. Just because Saturn is transiting in a sign behind, on the Moon sign and the sign next to Moon sign is simply no reason to call it ‘Sade Sati’ and implant hazardous thoughts in our mind and thus cause self-injury.
I will post Part 2 of the subject, soon and request you to please spread the social message about the wrong or incomplete understanding of Sade Sati and relieve the tension of your friends and relatives.
K Jagadish, March 5, 2017. Bangalore, India.